djdzam

ADT Pulse nail in the coffin

5 posts in this topic

So I just had the ADT Pulse system installed. Just bought the package that came with 1 switch and 1 wall module. Went online and bought the GE 45601 and about 14 wall switches. I go to add the GE remote as an inclusion controller. Doesn't work. Call ADT. They said they no longer support inclusion controllers and if I wanted to add my switches to the ADT Pulse system, I had to get a long Ethernet cable and walk my gateway around the house. W T F?!?! Really?

Since I will be calling ADT to remove this garbage from my house, what alarm company should I go with that has the most Z-Wave support? Or should I just get my own alarm system and integrate it with one of the standalone Z-Wave systems? Like Homeseer or something?

Get a proper system. I don't believe ANY cable/alarm companies will work with a full system. All they care about is monthly income.

FYI I use HomeSeer with a dsc system (self-installed: bit of a learning curve)

Regards

Mark

Mark,

That is exactly what I think I am going to do. Could you give some info on the DSC system you are using and how it interfaces with Homeseer. I already setup the trial for Homeseer PRO and I believe that I am going to go ahead and purchase it. I am already loving the trial version. The Android client is a bit buggy but I can live with that. I just want my events to trigger and my remotes to work.

Mark,

That is exactly what I think I am going to do. Could you give some info on the DSC system you are using and how it interfaces with Homeseer. I already setup the trial for Homeseer PRO and I believe that I am going to go ahead and purchase it. I am already loving the trial version. The Android client is a bit buggy but I can live with that. I just want my events to trigger and my remotes to work.

Hi Dj

I bought the 1832 unit and installed it100 interface (originally bought pc5-something, but it does report stay/away status)

It's connected. Ia rs232 and us to rs232 converter ( some models don't work. Pm me and I'll send you one I bought when I get back). I use BLDSC plug-in.

Works great. I change heating, AC and lighting base on arm away, arm stay and disarm

HS has its flaws but price/performance and flexibility are great.

I wrote an article about kindle fire and HomeSeer a while ago: http://www.hometoys.com/emagazine/2011/12/...ouchscreen/1485

Feel free to pm me with any questions

Regards

Mark

Forgot to mention: I currently don't have monitoring. I live in safe neighborhood and most breaking are in, grab what you. An in 2 mins and out, so unless there's a cop car round corner it's useless

There are a few Internet monitoring companies that charge < $10 month and you need to buy special version of VOIP router for about $130. Ther aren't too many companies who will monitor self installed system if you don't let them change master code and do setup.