Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChadZ

Fireplace Switch

7 posts in this topic

I am looking for a Z-Wave switch that will control a gas fireplace. I have tried Leviton: RZCZ1-1LX, RZCS1-1LM, and RZI06-1LX.

I have not tried any other brands so far.

None of the above switches would control the fireplaces.

I am looking for a Z-Wave switch that will control a gas fireplace. I have tried Leviton: RZCZ1-1LX, RZCS1-1LM, and RZI06-1LX.

I have not tried any other brands so far.

None of the above switches would control the fireplaces.

How about just a plain old RZS15-1L switch? You'll need a neutral in the box.

Or maybe you need an isolated contact, in which case you'll need something like ACT's ZRW113.

What's up with the dimmer? Is there such a thing as a dimmable gas fireplace that appears as an incandescent load? I think you're teasing.

How about just a plain old RZS15-1L switch? You'll need a neutral in the box.

Or maybe you need an isolated contact, in which case you'll need something like ACT's ZRW113.

What's up with the dimmer? Is there such a thing as a dimmable gas fireplace that appears as an incandescent load? I think you're teasing.

My fireplace does not have a neutral. It looks like an 18/2 wire in there.

Do you know a good place to purchase the ACT ZRW113?

It looks like an 18/2 wire in there.

Referring to the diagram on this page, you'll see that you need to run 120 VAC into that box as well.

The folks at Automated Outlet should be able to help you.

Some Gas fireplaces are not wired the same as a regular light switch. These are called microvolt controlled fireplaces and can be switched on even in the event of a power outage. I'd check with the manufacturer of your fireplace and see if this is the situation.

Perhaps they'd also have suggestions on how to proceed.

Some Gas fireplaces are not wired the same as a regular light switch. These are called microvolt controlled fireplaces and can be switched on even in the event of a power outage. I'd check with the manufacturer of your fireplace and see if this is the situation.

Perhaps they'd also have suggestions on how to proceed.

I also have one of these "microvolt controlled fireplaces" without 120V connected to it. I was hoping to overcome the situation by using some kind of DC powered z-wave switch. However, I've been searching for weeks and I can't seem to find anything that exists.

Has anyone else had any luck finding a DC powered z-wave switch?

I also have one of these "microvolt controlled fireplaces" without 120V connected to it. I was hoping to overcome the situation by using some kind of DC powered z-wave switch. However, I've been searching for weeks and I can't seem to find anything that exists.

Has anyone else had any luck finding a DC powered z-wave switch?

Sorry no DC powerd switch.

You do Have two current choices.

I you could get 24 volts to the switch box you could use a thermostat.

Or

use the ACT relay module