homecontrol

Door locks and Keyless entry

18 posts in this topic

Anyone get a hold of the new Keyless door lock .. I hear they will be on the shelves in a couple of months.

Who's making them?

I was hoping that someone here had one as a beta... I hear they have been floating around the Zwave developers...

Schlage will be released to the public at the end of this month. GoWireless is already accepting orders for the Schlage link.

Black and Decker press release from 2009 C.E.S. Check out the photo - do we finally get a key fob?

Wow! The Black and Decker lock looks like it's something I've been waiting ages for. As long as they don't require a monthly fee like Schlage, I'll be buying this one in a heart beat. I like the idea of the key fob (Proximity feature would be cool, maybe?), cause not everyone in my home has a cell phone for remote access.

I was considering the Schlage, but read that the deadbolt is not actually automatically actuated and wasn't sure what the implications were there. Plus the subscription fee and I also thought I read Schlage was keeping their encryption algorithm proprietary to keep it from working with any other controller but their own? Is that true?

I was considering the Schlage, but read that the deadbolt is not actually automatically actuated and wasn't sure what the implications were there. Plus the subscription fee and I also thought I read Schlage was keeping their encryption algorithm proprietary to keep it from working with any other controller but their own? Is that true?

So far we wait and see.

As far as the deadbolt goes it is not motorized. The Black and decker will be though.

Definitely Interested in more info on the Black & Decker :mrgreen:

Oh

the B&D radio module will be interchangable with similar zigbee version or any other for that matter.

may be available to public in june ??????

Schlage has released the new door lock

BEWARE it does not support a great many Zwave devices

hari are you able to do the same with linuxmce?

AFAIK the product is not yet available with EU frequencies. And we would need an inclusion controller capable of secure inclusion (or carry the LinuxMCE core over to the door like the Vera approach until they hit the market). But there is no real showstopper when the devices appear here. My code needs some rewriting to better handle the tons of available encapsulations in the Z-Wave protocol.

With LinuxMCE you can also use any other interface to operate your door lock. We usually recommend wired locks attached to ethernet I/O devices like the GlobalCache GC-100. Much safer than RF and more deadbolt/lock options available.

best regards,

Hari

With the rapid advancement of technology, there is always something new in almost everything we see. The locks are no exception. The latest technologies in the locks using biometrics as a means to gain access. Biometric door locks with the popularity of the proceeds will not be enough time before they no longer see the keys, door locks and chains used to secure the doors. A lock is a biometric security system of the state of the art that custom functions to allow human access.

commercial locksmith Denver

Using bio metric in homes can be hectic , but these are very helpful in commercial buildings. I also have installed in my office also and it works really well, locksmith la jolla helped an suggested to install those locks to increase the security level in my office.