Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thezman

Schlage Link 2 months later questionable advertising?

12 posts in this topic

Reporting in:

Its' been over two months now since Schlage released for sale the Schlage liNK system.

I as well as a lot of other fellow Zwavers purchased a system only to find that it would not operate our current Zwave Networks. I have several thermostats that operate each Zone. None of the various Zwave thermostats work at this time.

You get a message when you click on the Thermometer on the Schlage web portal "Support for thermostats is coming soon. As a Schlage LiNK subscriber, you will be the first to know when we add support for thermostats and other new devices."

HELLO it's been two Months....

The Schlage Zwave lock is a great zwave device if you own a vacation home. It is really a bargain for what it can do. I don't think the battery can last as long as three years in any instance. I have had the lock for 2 months and the battery level is at 75%. It's a bummer that you have to dismantle the lock to change batteries. I think my mother would have a problem changing them in her house.

The Schlage LiNK Bridge that connects the Zwave network to the internet Web portal and is what allows users to control the lock is a big problem for me. The Schlage LiNK bridge is advertised to "Allow any other Z-Wave enabled appliance, such as lights, sensors, or thermostats to be accessed through the internet on the Schlage LiNK web portal or cell phone application "

Well folks it's been over two months and still no support for Sensors, door sensors, motion sensors, Window sensors, Flood Sensors, and thermostats.

They have promised support and control of these devices for months. Charged those who are paying for the service.

What Laws in the United States allows them to Advertise what the cannot deliver?

Am I missing something here.

Is this not really Fraud!

Schlage has had over two months to provide corective advertising and that would solve most of the issues. Yet they continue like there are no laws. What is this country coming to?

Take a look for yourself

post-1036-1241104362_thumb.jpg

Well as of this morning it appears that the schlage website has some wording change.

from: http://www.consumer.schlage.com/LiNK/product_tour/zwave.asp

"While the Schlage bridge itself will support many Z-wave devices, the Schlage LiNK web portal and mobile application do not currently provide support for all Z-wave devices"

What's weird and "may" still be deceptive is that Schlage knows or should know at this point what types of devices are not supported yet they do not disclose this. They may have changed some words on some text ,Yet through the current advertising it appears they still imply that they have support for Web cameras and thermostats.

Why not just tell what it will do and what Schlage knows it will not.

Gee wiz

Here is a pic:

post-1036-1241104230_thumb.jpg post-1036-1241708660_thumb.jpg

Anyone take a look a the latest press release from Schlage.

http://www.consumer.schlage.com/customerse..._com_040709.pdf

Schlage_LiNK_Available_at_Lowes_com_040709.pdf

They still claim control of thermostats! Has anyone been able to get thermostats to work with the Schalge bridge and web portal?

Take a look here at the Lowes.com ad http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

From the ad text:

Schalge LiNK is always on the job, monitoring access to your home around the clock.

Unlock doors with a web enabled computer or cell phone.

Easily program Schlage LiNK to send automatic text or email updates so you'll always know who's home.

Allows you to add, change or delete user codes in seconds from the online interface.

Assign up to 19 personalized codes for everyone in your household.

Control other Z-Wave enabled home automation devices such as lighting or thermostat control

A completely secure solution for homeowners, both mechanical and network - all with fully encrypted communication

Installation and set up are simple. You'll be up and running quickly

Fits most standard door preparations; no additional mounting holes required

Schlage LiNK is always on the job, monitoring access to your home around the clock.

Just what you need to get started! The starter pack includes the keypad deadbolt, bridge device, and light module.

A monthly service fee is required to remotely manage and access the home via any web-enabled computer or cell phone.

foks I just don't get it! How they get away with this I don't know. Don't they read these posts!

Take a look at this pic!

post-1036-1241104552_thumb.jpg

Anyone look at the ads today!

It's still the same?

What is up with these people?

I checked today and still no support for thermostats.

I checked today and still no support for thermostats.

I looked at the website.

Looks like a duck

quacks like a duck

must be a cat

I don't think so.

This is so wrong.

Z What's your next step.

I looked at the website.

Looks like a duck

quacks like a duck

must be a cat

I don't think so.

This is so wrong.

Z What's your next step.

Take a full page ad in a major electronics magazine maybe!

Hey I might not need to do that full page spread.

Looks like schlage might be re doing it's Web ads.

Schlage has recently (this morning) pulled some of the ads that could have been viewed as to misleading the public.

I think you folks should look for yourselves. Still very confusing.

Take a look!

post-1036-1241104926_thumb.jpg

post-1036-1240935141_thumb.jpg

Schlage just posted the thermostat they will be selling " comming soon." Looks like a RCS TZ43. I wonder what is so special about the RCS that they still hav not released it? People already have them installed.

post-1036-1240934249_thumb.jpg

We'll see how different it is when it is released

Interesting thing is that the schlage link system still does not support Zwave thermostats or other sensors as of today.

Update.

Weird thing!

Schlage advertisies system components comming soon. Ok so what they have a Thermostat in production.

Why can't we use the Zwave thermostats already on the market.

Is that not what Zwave is all about. any product from any maufature bearing the Zwave logo!

what gives

Again am I missing something here?

Lowes.com is selling Schalge Link. They are doing the same thing take a look!

post-1036-1241105210_thumb.jpg

post-1036-1241105248_thumb.jpg

Prior to April 27 2009 post-1036-1241708869_thumb.jpg

After april 28 2009 post-1036-1241709443_thumb.jpg

Who cares that the thermostat is coming soon!

Zwave thermostats have been on the market for years now.

Thermostat function should work today as the advertisments originally said.

Update: May 2 2009

post-1036-1241277851_thumb.jpg

Schalge has provided a firmware release.

Added a maintenance page.

Note you can see my thermostat has been included.

This thermostat has worked in : Homeseer, Hawking, TE, Vera, HAI, and various other prototypes I have tested.

This thermostat works with Ge Advanced remote Also.

Why is it that thermostats are claim to work with Schlage Link Bridge and web portal, But do not. There are so many advertisements out there that state such:

post-1036-1241277821_thumb.jpg

Hey by the way:

What do you think is a reasonable amount of time to pay for something or a service and not get what was bargained for.

Would any one here pay for a Carl's Jr combo and walk away without the frys and coke?

Would you let the cable company charge for cable tv and only 10 of the 100 channels work or better yet get charged for HBO and the Cable Co's system is down for 2 months waiting for a part.

I think no one would put up with this garbage.