Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Telstar2112

ELV Dimmer

1 post in this topic

I bought the Leviton DZ6HD z wave dimmer switch which is rated for LEDs and I have the neutral wire,  but the lights buzzed badly. I tried all 3 settings, incandescent, LED and CFL, all the same deal. Otherwise the switch connected and worked fine.  Does anyone know a good Zwave (or other) ELV type dimmer switch.  I have the Pixi flat panel led lights, 6 in parallel 24 watts each.  Lots of switches out there but when you read the comments many have the buzzing or flickering problem.  The Lutron looks pretty good but I need another bridge.  There is a kit, nicely priced at $75 which includes the bridge and dimmer and an extra remote dimmer but it is not clear that this is the best version for LEDs.  It also does not remember it last setting when turned on which is annoying but I can live with.  They have another model for $80, switch only,  that would likely do the trick, and has a "favorite" button but I am still at nearly $160 once I also buy the bridge.  Thats a lot for my one light I need to do.  Wondering if anyone has any recommendations? 

TIA, 

Steve.